Turkey Sliders with Zucchini Buns
These are seriously the cutest little healthy sliders that I have ever eaten! They’re fast to make and low in calories. They can work as appetizers or even main entrees, depending on how many you can resist. You can also play with the seasonings for the turkey to cater towards your own taste preferences :) I’ll definitely be making these again.
- 1/2 pound ground turkey, chicken or beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of cayenne (optional)
- 1 large zucchini
- Olive oil
- Any other seasonings (optional)
- Combine the ground meat, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and optional cayenne
- Slice the zucchini into quarter inch thick circles
- Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and place them on a grill to get some grill marks on them. A regular frying pan can work as well
- Form patties the same diameter as the zucchini slices
- Turn the frying pan to medium heat and fry the patties until cooked thoroughly
- You can add additional toppings to your sliders, including tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, onions, mustard, etc
A few weeks ago I made Greek Yogurt scones and they were so delicious that when my sisters started asking me to make scones for them I immediately revisited the recipe! This recipe features Greek yogurt to add moisture and 4-5 grams of protein per scone!
You can use the base recipe to make all different flavors and combinations savory and sweet. They’re great for breakfast with yogurt, cottage cheese & fruit or as a perfect afternoon snack!
Here’s the first Greek Yogurt Scone post, if you want all the recipes for these versions go here! :)